Get ready for SanDisk to heat up the SSD wars. As a leader in flash media storage manufacturing, SanDisk took the wraps off of the company's highest performing solid state drive designed for gamers, enthusiasts and those demanding extreme performance, dubbed the Extreme PRO SSD. This new line of SSDs is SanDisk's fastest performing solid state drive product and is backed by a 10-year warranty, which hints at the brands increased reliability.
"With its ability to deliver consistently fast computing backed by the industry's first 10-year limited warranty,"said Kevin Conley, senior vice president and general manager, Client Storage Solutions at SanDisk, "the Extreme PRO SSD delivers the performance, trusted reliability and value that enthusiasts and professionals expect from SanDisk."
The Extreme PRO SSD
The new line of high-performance SSDs will be available later this month (June 2014) and will conform to the standard 2.5" form factor. The Extreme Pro line will include 240 GB, 480 GB and 960 GB storage capacities along with top-end sequential read/write speeds of 550 MB/s and 515 MB/s.
The drive will use SanDisk's proprietary nCache Pro technology to optimize speed and endurance. The nCache system uses DRAM and a two-tiered caching architecture to optimize performance and endurance when performing heavy workloads, multi-tasking, and gaming.
Pricing will start at $189 for the 240 GB version, $369 for the 480 BG version and $599 for the 960 GB version.
- Available capacities: 240GB, 480GB and 960GB
- Dimensions: 2.75 x 3.96 x 0.28 in. (69.85mm x 100.5mm x 7.0 mm)
- Operating temperature: 32ºF to 158ºF (0ºC to 70 ºC)
- Storage temperature: -67ºF to 185ºF (-55ºC to 85ºC)
- Interface: SATA Revision 3.0 (6 Gb/s)
- Shock: Resistant up to 1500 G @ 0.5 m/sec
- Vibration (Operating/Non-operating) : 5 gRMS, 10-2000 HZ / 4.9 gRMS, 7-800 HZ
- Power Consumption (active): 0.13w (240 GB), 0.15w (480 GB, 960 GB)
- Support: 10 year limited warranty