Monday, Apple released version 7.1 of iOS 7. The much anticipated update includes a number of iOS UI updates, several bug fixes, and some feature additions. Here are a couple of the notable ones:
- Updates to the visual interface, switches to rounded elements in the phone dialer and power off features
- Improvements to keyboard interface
- Notification Center now allows you to clear notifications more accurately
- Fix for random reboots for iPhone 5s, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPad Air
- Improved Touch ID fingerprint recognition
- New, more natural sounding voices for Siri in Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese
- CarPlay support (respond to incoming calls, dictate text messages, and access music library from a vehicle)
- New month view in Calendar
- iTunes Radio allows you to search within Featured Stations
To update: Navigate to Settings > General > Software Update. Let it load. You’ll see details about the iOS 7.1 update and a Download and Install button. Tap it, follow the onscreen instructions, and you should be good to go.
For a detailed look into the changes check out this article by The Verge: Apple Releases iOS 7.1 with Rebooth Fix, UI Tweaks, and CarPlay.